Fan Page Exclusive – Get Ready For Christmas!
Order Here ===> https://teechip.com/darthxmas
Tag a friend who would wear this!
Credit for this fix to Tony and Ollie in the UK.
If Windows 10 upgrade occurs and Outlook 20xx wont allow you to send then there is a simple fix:
Reinstalling or repairing the Office install, making new profiles and other common troubleshooting steps will not fix this issue.
I have been wrestling with something that was said to me by someone who I thought as a friend and now I have lost allot of respect for.
This person, someone who has a pastoral role comes into where I am and I jokingly say “Hey, have you come to take me for coffee?” knowing full well they had not only to be hit with a response that flawed me and had been grinding at me since, the response was…
“I only take Christian’s for coffee”.
What did that mean? I have my belief in God and the story of Jesus Christ and how he died for our sins, I don’t read my Bible much unfortunately but I try to be pleasing to God by trying to be like Jesus in my decisions and how I deal with others. I cannot quote scripture and know the general stories of the Bible. I do attend Church as well but with a child with Autism I find that hard as he transitions badly in some cases and its not possible to make it. I try to listen to sermon podcasts so I can keep up with the series. I try to pray and ask for prayer.
I came to Christianity through my wife who attended the Salvation Army so I sometimes have a hard time going by faith alone and I did have other beliefs in the past but I am wanting to be a better person and want to believe in God and Jesus and I pray and I listen for God’s word, I have never had God speak to me. I will say my belief in God is not strong and unwavering but its something I want to grow. I really want that moment where I break down in tears and my life is changed forever but that has not happened yet, is that it?
Is it that I have not been Baptized?, I have been holding off on that as I do waver in my Belief and I feel getting Baptized when I find having faith so hard at times is not the right thing to do or should I be Baptized and then it will all fall into place.
I suppose a man of the cloth who’s so stead fast in his believe can see wannabe Christian’s but surely if someone wants to be a Christian then they should be encouraged and built up, not torn down and judged so quickly.
If its bothering me this much maybe its more the truth but I just am angry about it all and mystified.
Please pray for me and the person who said this to me, I really don’t understand.
Mike Oshiro my pastor at the Forge Church in Langford, BC challenged the congregation to put our journey into some format.
I have chosen to do it and its going to be ongoing but here it is. I am going to cover it in 3 sections each with 3 sub section, of who I was, who I am now and who I hope to become.
I have never been in good shape but I think this is more where was I physically, I went from living at hope with my parents until I was 19, I wanted to leave the nest earlier buy my mum was a caring mum and I stayed longer as I could tell she was not ready to see me leave, I was ready to strike out on my own as 17. In some ways that 2 extra years prepared me better. I commuted to work as I had a job pretty soon after leaving school and I enjoyed my driving and the freedom it gave me,.
I found that living on my own was awesome, I think learning to be at peace with your own self and comfortable with who you are before looking for someone else to mess things up with is important and people don’t do that. Allot of it was not by choice and I can cover that more in my Emotional reveal. Spending time alone I found to be very good for my growth looking back, existing in my own space, having my own independence
I lived in a few locations with other people, generally people who also worked at IBM UK as I did was great, I had fun and this was a party time in my life and then I moved further away in the UK from my parents which meant it was weeks sometimes months before I would go for a visit and then I found myself moving to another country. Something that brought me to Canada and the where I am now.
Stuff to go here
Stuff to go here
Stuff to go here
Stuff to go here
Stuff to go here
Stuff to go here
Stuff to go here
Stuff to go here
I responded to a forum post and put so much information I thought I should post it here too, please comment and I can flesh out the posting with information people need me to elaborate on…:
Here is my recommendations:
Fix any 404 issues. Generally you can right click in a browser, inspect element and then go to the console which will show you issues to fix.
As for plugins…:
– I would look at tinypng to optimize images in the site. It has better compression than shush.it in general and smush.it seems not to be commercial and gone to the dogs.
– Speed Booster Pack – Its relatively easy to configure and you can tell it to minify css, js and load js in footer, you can lazyload images and is relatively easy to setup.
– Use htaccess to tell web server to cache, turn on gzip compression. AskApache.com has a load of good info, I dont know where to go if your host is using NGINX… anyone?
– Use a cache plugin of some kind, I find W3 Total Cache to be overkill and to hard and if mis-configured it can be harmful.
– Optimize database after deleting revisions – A plugin that not many people think of but you can schedule a cron to run and it will clear out revisions and other crap on the database before it performs an optimize, it can clear out MB’s of data and make SQL queries run faster.
– Use a CDN, Islandhosting.com allows you to configure cloudflare in the cPanel for free and can really help.
– As your hosting provider to help you see what might be causing slow loading, at Islandhosting.com we will look into it, we can turn on newrelic stats and profile the site and find out what might be causing the slow loading. We can then determine if creating new indexes in the database structure could speed things up or if you have an offending plugin you should remove.
You could try turning off all the plugins and then turn then on one at a time to see when the site starts to crawl, there are also plugins that will let you profile performance of the site.
– Make sure you don’t have spam user registrations and/or comment spam building up in the back, check your users section in the dashboard and turn off user registrations if you don’t need them and use a plugin like “disable comments” if you don’t need comments on.
– Make sure your site is not getting slammed by spam bots or brute force attacks which can put load on the server and make the site perform slow.
– Check the resources in your account, make sure your on a plan that gives you enough entry processes, bandwidth etc, we can help our customers with this at islandhosting.com
– malscan your site, if you have malware it can cause unpredictable results, Islandhosting can run a maldet and a clamscan detection on your site for free and help you if you have malware. You can also use securi to scan your site and they also have a plugin for wordpress.
– Make sure you don’t have any plugins that keep logs that have been building over time and have not been purged. I had a site using 404 redirected and the log file tables got massive and the site crawled.
– disable wp-cron in the wp-config.php file (google it to find out how) and then add a cron in your web hosting control panel to run periodically, wp-cron runs on every page load and can be an overhead you don’t need. Some hosts wont even allow wp-cron.php to run.
– WordPress Heartbeat can also be a performance problem, I have seen it in some sites before. See http://wptavern.com/how-to-take-control-of-the-wordpress-heartbeat-api, there is a plugin that can help therein.
I think I have covered all the things I have faced that effect performance, had to help allot of customers with performance issues in the past and I have learned a few things!
Islandhosting.com cPanel Managed Web Hosting
Spam bots like to look for /sample-post/ to spam it, we have seem instances where peoples hits sky rocket, stats get skewed and all because they don’t either delete sample-page and sample-page when starting a WordPress website or change them to something else by editing the permalink that appears just under the page title when you edit the page/post.
If you don’t want comments in your site disable them, I have used a plugin called “disable comments” sometimes but you can also change WordPress and disable the comment system internally.
Useful article here on disabling comments in WordPress too: http://www.wpbeginner.com/plugins/how-to-turn-off-or-disable-comments-in-wordpress-pages/
I wanted to let people know about a bit of a scare we had this morning, Im putting my son in our Ford Winstar, getting him in the car seat and he says its stinky in the car, there is a smell of melted plastic and I thought it was something the wife was transporting the night before. When I get him in I go to the front and go to plug my phone into our USB car charger that was left plugged in, we always leave it in and it had a little red indicator to show it has power even when the car is off:
I went to grab the end, luckily it was not hot or live else I could of been looking at burns or an electrical shock but it did look like the inside of the connector has burned and the plastic had melted. I thank God that nothing worse occurred then it did, it is now in the garbage and I will read some consumer reports before I buy my next one:
I happen to run a website that does vendor comparisons on product prices, I will use it to buy my replacement.
I work at islandhosting.com and had this challenge from a customer with 2000+ contacts in Outlook Express in Groups that they needed to move to Outlook 2013 and stay in groups, here is how I did it.
– On the XP machine create a folder on the desktop to match the name of each group in the Outlook Express Address Book
– In the Outlook Express Address book select the first group and press CTRL-A to select all.
– Drag and drop the contacts from the right of the address book that are all now highlighted onto the folder you created on the desktop.
– All the .vcf entries are individual files, You want to get them into one big file so Start > Run > cmd and press enter. Your now in the DOS command prompt and by default it puts you on level below the Desktop folder so you should be able to just type: cd Desktop and press enter.
– The type cd space and the beginning few letters of the folder you created and press tab, it will auto complete with the name of the folder provided its unique and not like anything else on the desktop, press enter.
– You should be in the folder with all the vcards, now type:
copy *.vcf all.vcf
And press enter, you will see it copy all the files into one file called all.vcf
– Transport that all.vcf to the Windows 7 machine, its probably a few hundred k so a thumb drive or attaching to an email should be the quickest ways to get it over.
Now to get that into a group in Outlook is not as simple as importing the file, unfortunately!!
– On the Win7 machine click on the Start button and in Search Programs and Files at the bottom type Contacts and it should find an entry for the Windows Contacts folder. Click it.
– A window will open up and it may already have contacts in it. If it does, create a group and just move them into it so they are out of the way, you can move then back later.
– Click Import and select the all.vcf file you got from the XP computer
– Now select all the contacts and click Export creating a CSV file, call it the name of the group so you can keep track, we went with all the default mapping with the import and export and worked fine.
– In Outlook 2013 at the bottom click People to go into the contacts and create a group
– Now to import the CSV file, Click File > Open & Export > Import/Export. This starts the Import and Export Wizard.
– Choose Import from another program or file, and then click Next.
– Under Select the file type to import, choose the CSV file and click next
– Under File to import, browse to the CSV file you exported and click Open.
– Under Options, choose whether to replace duplicates (existing contacts), create duplicate contacts, or not import duplicates, and click Next.
– Under Select the folder to import from, you should see the name of the Group you created, select it and Click Finish.
– Your contacts in the groups should be transferred, Delete the contacts from the Windows 7 Contact folder
– rinse and repeat for each group you want transferred.
– Buy a 6 pack and enjoy it, you deserve it.
– Buy me a beer/co sending a donation via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org